Phil Mickelson was born in 1970, nicknamed “Lefty,” is an American Professional Golfer who has made quite a name for himself. He has won five major championships, a PGA Championship, an open championship, three master titles, forty-four events on the PGA Tour, and a lot of money. Mickelson started playing golf in college in the early 90s, but his recent commitment to improving his health ensures he remains one of the best professional golfers for years to come.
With certain rights reserved, Phil Mickelson attributes a lot of his health improvements to dietary changes. It’s well known that he suffers from psoriatic arthritis and many avid golf fans have speculated about whether he’s used cbd, cbd oil to treat it and boost his overall health.
What’s in the Bag Golf 2020?
Excellent health isn’t the only thing that’s kept Phil’s golf game strong. So when asking witb Phil Mickelson, it’s good to know that he also keeps an impressive list of expertly curated shafts, putter, and clubs from brands like Callaway, Odyssey, KBS, and more. According to Golfwrx, here’s witb Phil Mickelson or what’s in the bag (WITB):
- Irons: 7 Callaway Apex MB. Shafts include Callaway Apex Pro 7, KBS Tour V 125 S+ 4-PW, Forged Utility 2, Irons Callaway X forged, and Callaway Epic Forged 4-6 irons
- Driver: Callaway Mavrik Sub-Zero 9 degrees driver with a Project X HZURDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5 shaft
- Fairway wood: KBS TD 80 C5 TX shaft driver with a Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 13 5 degrees 8 PW
- Putter: Odyssey WHXG Blade & Odyssey White Hot XG “Phil Mickelson” with a SuperStroke Pistol GT Tour grip
- Wedges: Callaway PM Grind ’19 “Raw” 54-14, 60-12, 64-10 with KBS Tour-V 125 S+ shafts
- Grips: Golf Pride MCC, White/Black
- Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track
It is important to note that the Callaway PM Grind wedges area something that Mickelson and Roger Cleveland worked together to design. This signature wood Callaway PM Grind wedge is available with different degrees of loft and bounce, and most users report that it is always worth the money.
What’s in the Bag for Tiger Woods?
When discussing the best-packed bags this year, the conversation almost always centers around that of Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods. Fans are always chattering about which shafts, putter, 3 wood, or clubs each of them carries that helps them rank high so consistently. This discussion has been fueled by the event “The Match: Champions for Charity” in which Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning faced off against Mickelson and Tom Brady.
While many professional American golfers, including Mickelson, make big changes to their equipment over the years, Tiger has remained pretty consistent about what he uses. Not including what Peyton Manning used when the pair teamed up, here is what Tiger can be spotted with:
- Driver: Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Limited 60 TX and shaft at 9 degrees, the TaylorMade SIM
- 3 Wood: Mistubishi Diamana D+ Limited 70 TX and the shaft at 14.25 degrees TaylorMade M5-15 @14.25 degrees
- 3 Wood: Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Limited 70 TX irons and at 15degrees the Taylormade SIM-Titanium
- 5 Wood: Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Limited 80 TX shaft irons and at 18.25 degrees the Taylormade M3-19
- Irons: the True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 shaft – Taylormade P7 TW 3PW
- Wedges: True Temper/Dynamic Gold Tour S-400 shafts and TaylorMade MG2/TW/MT Grind
- Putter: Scotty Cameron: deep-etched cord grip GSS/Newport-2
- Grips: Golf Pride – Tour Velvet Cord 58R
- Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Phil Mickelson What’s in the Bag?
WITB Phil Mickelson: he’s been seen rotating out some of his sidebar clubs, including shafts, wedges, or a 3 wood driver. He is one of the most entertaining golfers to watch, going so far as to hit a Fairway Woods from the Bunker Lip. Though he has recently been seen using his signature PM Grind wedge from Callaway, he has also been spotted using wedges Callaway Mack Daddy PM. He has carried Callaway X Forged UT irons 4-5 with him for many years, but has also started to add 6-9 into the rotation.
What Shafts Does Phil Mickelson Use?
Mickelson has been known to be all over the place when pulling equipment from his bag so it’s hard to keep up with witb Phil Mickelson. It is difficult to tell if he will surprise onlookers at the next PGA tour by hitting his ball, Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track, with an Odyssey Versa or an Odyssey White Hot XG. He always seems to favor one brand of the putter, Odyssey but can change up the design and shaft he uses along with it.
Phil was one of the first players to use graphite shafts, which he admits caused him to have a problem with erratic ball striking. However, he has since shored up his choice in shafts. Though it is often a guessing game what he will pull from his bag, he can be consistently spotted using a few different kinds, which include:
- For Wedges: KBS Tour V 125, 54, 60, and 64 degree
- For Irons: KBS Tour V 125 S+ irons 4-9 on his Callaway Apex Pro 8 PW
- 3-Wood: KBS TD 80 C5 TX
Other shafts that Mickelson plans to use include a UST Mamiya iRod 95F5 on his Callaway Epic Forged 4-7 irons, a Mistubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 85X 17-degrees on his Ping Anser Hybrid, and a Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 Flex 75 grams on his Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero 13 5 degrees three wood.
If you’re interested in knowing exactly what clubs the other Senior Pros currently have in their bags, do not miss our What’s in the Bag Series! Below are links to the Senior Pros in our WITB Series with exactly what they have in their bags:
And if you’re interested in information on the Best Clubs For Senior Golfers then this article is definitely for you!