Collin Morikawa is a 24-year-old American Pro golfer who has participated in the PGA Tour three times and won it more recently in 2020. He was born in the USA on February 6th, 1997, to Debbie Morikawa and Blaine Morikawa and is a business degree holder from Berkeley University.
He has 4 PGA Tour wins and made his professional debut as a golfer at the Canadian Open in 2019. Golfwrx and other authoritative golf magazines have documented the success of this rising star in the golf scene and his tremendous discipline as well as a few insights on his game.
Keep reading to find out more about Collin Morikawa (WITB) and the impact his equipment has had on his PGA championship.
What’s in the Bag Collin Morikawa 2020?
A look into Collin Morikawa’s bag is worth noting. Here is a quick look at his bag that brought him success in 2020:
- Irons: Morikawa uses TaylorMade p730 7 PW and Taylormade P7mc TX irons
- Wedges: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue x100 shaft and Mitsubishi Tensei CK pro-White Hybrid 100 TX shaft
- Shaft: Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 70
- Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8° on a Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX shaft
- Fairway Wood: TaylorMade SIM 14°, MRC Diamana D+ 80TX shaft
- Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Copper mallet, TX hybrid issue S400 putter Taylormade
What is in Rory Mcilroy’s Bag 2020?
The 4-time champion uses TaylorMade equipment and made a switch from M5 to SIM in 2020.
Here is what’s currently in his bag:
- Hybrid: SIM Max Rescue with Twist-Face Technology
- Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8°, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XTS 70 X shaft
- Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
- Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Copper mallet putter
What Putter Does Collin Morikawa Use?
Collin Morikawa prefers to use TaylorMade Spider X Copper which has a characteristic look of a blade, wonderful alignment, and reputed for its rollout performance.
What is Collin Morikawa’s Favourite wedges?
Morikawa attributed a tactical change in approach to his putting by using a new saw putting grip to propel him to victory. His favourite wedges are the TaylorMade P730 7-PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue with Mitsubishi Diamana X100 shaft.
Does Collin Morikawa Use Mitsubishi Diamana D Limited Shafts?
Getty images snapped Collin Morikawa using Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Limited 70TX shafts to prove his point and win in 2021.
Morikawa used the following to win his title at the WGC championship and improve his world ranking to position 4:
- Ball: TaylorMade TP5
- Irons: TaylorMade P7MC 4
- Mitsubishi Diamana D Limited 70TX shafts
Who is Collin Morikawa’s Girlfriend?
Collin Morikawa’s girlfriend is called Katherine Zhu. This stunning beauty was born in Vancouver, BC, and is a division one golfer from Pepperdine University whose scoring average is 76-54.
15 Fun Facts About PGA Golfer Collin Morikawa
There’s more to know about this young prolific golfer who ranks number 4 in the world. Much can be gleaned from his PGA profile.
Here are 15 fun facts about Morikawa WITB:
- Uses the True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue series shafts.
- Morikawa became a professional golfer in 2019.
- He has four PGA Tour wins.
- He paired with Tiger Woods at the 2020 Farmers Insurance Open.
- Collin is touted as one of the best ball strikers.
- He is the second player under 25 to win the WGC championship.
- Collin is the holder of a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Berkeley University, California.
- He has an incredible swing and penetrating launch angles.
- Collin played as a US amateur in college.
- His girlfriend is an equally good golfer.
- He was the top-ranked golfer in 2018 for three weeks in the month of May.
- Collin won the 2020 PGA championship.
- His iron play is the foremost part of his game.
- Morikawa is half Japanese and half Chinese.
- He is a native of Los Angeles, California.
Collin Morikawa is poised to join the ranks of Tiger Woods, Rory Mcilroy, and other great golfers and he is a player to watch out for in the coming years.
What Are Collin Morikawa’s Favourite Pitching Wedges?
Collin divulged that he uses TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Wedges for his wedge shots to achieve ultimate performance. He explained how he ultimately visualizes his shots when using the wedges to hit a golf ball. His choice of the TaylorMade brand was cemented by his signing a deal with the equipment manufacturer.
Collin Morikawa WITB for 2022?
Collin Morikawa has used the TaylorMade kit for more than 7 years and admitted that the brand has helped him achieve victory since his junior and college days as a player. His first major victory can be credited to the use of his preferred golf clubs.
This is what’s to be expected in his bag for 2022:
- Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM8
- Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue with Mitsubishi Diamana D Limited X100
- Fairway Woods:TaylorMade SIM Titanium
According to Golfwrx, Collin Morikawa’s preferred shafts are Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Limited 80 TX. He fared pretty well at The Concession Golf Club, a course that requires the exploration of new putting grips, and truly demonstrated that he is a force to reckon with at the PGA championship.